Hannibal Lecter is a fictional character in the novels written by Thomas Harris. i had been following all of Hannibal's films, except for the first. named "manhunter (1986)". but manhunter itself is derived from the "red dragon" novel itself, so i suppose i didn't miss any of them. instead of talking about hannibal's psychiatric killings like the previous films did, "hannibal rising" talks about his childhood and how he became a psychiatric killer. from childhood in Lithuania, to his teen and young adulthood in France, and up to his arrival in North America. it is interesting, for i am curious of why and how he became a psychiatric killer throughout the other films. and so this became a whole new perspective for me.
i though Gaspard Ulliel (a French actor) won't be able to do a better job than Anthony Hopkins, the formal hannibal. but to my surprise, he did it quite well. another talented actor to look out for in the future. hannibal's films had always fascinates me, amazed me with the way he killed/tortured others. and causes me to eagerly wait for the next kill. well .. by saying "fascinate", i don't actually mean that i wanna be a psychiatric killer myself. *sweat*. i just meant he always have new ways to push others to their edge without killing them. new ways that overwhelms me, new ideas that rushes my adrenaline !! n yup, he always gets away with it ..
some backgrounds of the movie:
- director: Peter Webber
- released: 2007
- casts: Gaspard Ulliel, Gong Li (巩俐), Aaran Thomas, Helena-Lia Tachovská, Richard Leaf, Dominic West, Rhys Ifans, Michele Wade, Richard Brake, Kevin McKidd
- language: English
- genre: Thriller
- silence of the lambs (filmed in 1991, novel written in 1988)
- hannibal (filmed in 2001, novel written in 1999)
- red dragon (filmed in 2002, novel written in 1981)
- hannibal rising (filmed in 2007, novel written in 2006)