Will was a scientist who tried to develop a virus to cure diseases by testing on chimpanzees. the virus mutated n gave them the intelligence of human. one day, one of the tested chimpanzees went on a rampage. after it was shot down, Will found out that it had delivered a baby secretly. with the project being canceled, all the tested chimpanzees were to be killed, but Will quietly sneaked the baby home n named it Caesar. Caesar inherited the intelligence n learned quickly. but after an incident of hurting one of the neighbors, Caesar was forced to be held in a facility, where apes were treated cruelly. in the beginning, Caesar was picked on by the other apes, but he soon gained dominance through his intelligence. he then planned an escape from the facility, freeing all the enclosed apes n fighting against humans for their freedom.
as much as i enjoyed watching an animal themed film, i'm not a huge fan of monkeys. i went into the cinema halfheartedly, not expecting to enjoy the film completely. but i did! the film wasn't bad at all, it was absolutely captivating! i have not watched its previous sequel nor knew how they were connected, but the film stood perfectly well alone, with sufficient explanations to keep us on the track. sometimes Caesar looked so much like human that it sent chills down my spine. the film was fast-paced n very believable, we were completely absorbed into the film before we noticed!
some backgrounds on the movie:
- director: Rupert Wyatt
- released: 2011
- casts: James Franco, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow, Brian Cox, Tom Felton, David Oyelowo, Tyler Labine, Andy Serkis
- language: English
- genre: Science Fiction/Thriller
- Planet of the Apes (1968)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)
- Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971)
- Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)
- Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)
- Planet of the Apes (2001)
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)