this season introduced Klaus, from the original vampire family, who happened to be a hybrid of both vampire and werewolf. for 500 years, only his vampire side was activated. but after the sacrifice of a vampire, a werewolf, and a doppelganger, his werewolf side was also activated. while his werewolf bite was still deadly on a vampire, his vampire blood was miraculously the cure.
the season was mostly about Clause seeking for ways to make his vampire-werewolf hybrid work after enslaving Stefan and awaken his sister, Rebecca. like always, the "way" was Elena, whom Clause should have killed during his werewolf activation, instead of just draining her. Damon was left most of the time alone, with Elena, where a spark of connection started to take place. and unfortunately, Stefan was still frustrating to watch, with the bad boy role that clearly doesn't fit him.
some backgrounds on the movie:
- author: L. J. Smith
- episodes: 22
- director: Kevin Williamson
- released: September 2011 – May 2012
- casts: Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Steven R. McQueen, Katerina Graham, Zach Roerig, Candice Accola, Michael Trevino, Matt Davis, Joseph Morgan
- language: English
- genre: Fantasy/Horror
- The Vampire Diaries: Season 1 (2009)
- The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (2010)
- The Vampire Diaries: Season 3 (2011)
- The Vampire Diaries: Season 4 (2012)