Saturday, September 07, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

the G.I. Joe were framed for stealing nuclear warheads by Zartan, who was impersonating the President. under his order, the G.I. Joe were to be terminated. while most of the G.I. Joe were killed, including Duke, the remaining survivors were Roadblock, Flint, and Lady Jaye. in the meanwhile, Storm Shadow and Firefly rescued Cobra Commander from an underground prison. upon learning that Storm was alive, the Blind Master sent Snake Eyes and Jinx, Storm's cousin, to bring him back for questioning. Roadblock and his team sough out General Colton, who provided them with weapons and going after the President with the hope of revealing the truth.

it was difficult to expect much from action films nowadays, other than fights and explosions. it was slightly surprising to find certain amount of humor to get the film going at some point. despite being predictable, the visual and fighting sequences were definitely entertaining to watch. with all the exaggeration, there were a sense of seriousness and believability to it that rooted the film, making it relatable. seeing The Rock playing his humorous macho role was an eye-candy, seeing Bruce Willis was an add. it was always fun having these huge men hung together. the simplicity of the plot gave it little time on character development but more on actions, which was in fact, good enough!

some backgrounds on the movie:
- director: Jon M. Chu
- released: 2013
- casts: Dwayne Johnson, Jonathan Pryce, Byung-hun Lee, Elodie Yung, Ray Stevenson, D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Luke Bracey
- language: English
- genre: Action/Science-Fiction

sequels:
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)

G.I. Joe: Retaliation
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
G.I. Joe: Retaliation

No comments :

Post a Comment