taken from the previous Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (2009) series, the girls teamed up to solve a rumor in Academy City. the rumor this time was about an urban legend of "someone is watching". Jounan was a Sensory scientist, misusing her esper power to further her research. her test subjects were students with electromaster esper, such as Mikoto, making them feel as if someone was watching them, trapping them in paranoia. it was amazing how a serious n nerve-wracking case were able to be connected to their everyday life, especially when Kuroko, Mikoto's roommate, was a huge fan n stalker of Mikoto herself. it made the anime so heartwarming n hilarious at such unexpected timing.
it was no surprise after how successful Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (2009) had been, it took only 7 months for them to come out with this OVA (Original Video Animation). what made Railgun stood out among the rest of the anime, was there were never any anime quite like it. especially for it to be science-fiction n still able to relate to the basic plot of a slice-of-life drama. the OVA would fit perfectly into one of its episode in the series, but it was absolutely enjoyable even while standing alone.
some background on the anime:
- episodes: 1
- director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (長井龍雪)
- released: 2010
- language: Japanese
- genre: Action/Science Fiction
- Toaru Majutsu no Index (2008)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Specials (2009)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II (2011)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II Specials (2011)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (2013)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (2009)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun OVA (2010)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (2013)