the second season of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (2009) focused on the Sisters Arc. the story started after Mikoto discovered about the existence of the Radio Noise sisters that were used in the Level 6 Shift. it was an experiment where the sisters were killed in order for the Level 5 Accelerator to achieve the power of Level 6.
the series started out by reintroducing some very familiar espers, especially Misaka and Kuroko that were so enjoyable to look at. Misaka was an electromasters while Kuroko had teleporting ability. we were reminded that 80% residents of Academy City were students. with so many different abilities around, it was welcoming to know some familiar faces before proceeding to more life threatening adventures that they tended to land in.
some background on the anime:
- episodes: 24
- director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (長井龍雪)
- released: 2013
- language: Japanese
- genre: Action/Science Fiction
- Toaru Majutsu no Index (2008)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index Specials (2009)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II (2011)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index II Specials (2011)
- Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (2013)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (2009)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun OVA (2010)
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (2013)