Sita had been a vampire for 5000 years. having infinite memory, every moment and experience stuck with her, including everyone that she loved, everyone that she killed, they became a part of her forever. strangely, the part where she was held prison by a group of madmen was lost to her. while she frantically tried to recall, she and her friends need to search for a sacred artifact - a sacred Veil that might hold the key to mankind's salvation.
like all the other books in the Thirst (2009-2013) series, the book started out fast-paced and ended with an overwhelming sensation. its only letdown was the middle part, where it most definitely had to be dragging or even boring. for this installment, Sita had to recall her past during her imprisonment, where she was tortured and had the Jews burned alive in front of her. all that just for her cooperation. part of it was interesting to know, but the other half were meaningless with when names thrown all over the page, the book instantly got overloaded and tiresome. fortunately the overall experience of Sita was interesting, for she was such a unique and lovable character.
author: Christopher Pike
- Thirst No. 1: Last Vampire, Black Blood, Red Dice (2009)
- Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, Creatures of Forever (2010)
- Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (2010)
- Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (2011)
- Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (2013)
The Last Vampire series:
- The Last Vampire (1994)
- The Last Vampire 2: Black Blood (1994)
- The Last Vampire 3: Red Dice (1995)
- The Last Vampire 4: Phantom (1996)
- The Last Vampire 5: Evil Thirst (1996)
- The Last Vampire 6: Creatures of Forever (1996)