Monday, September 15, 2014

Dissonance #1: Dissonance (2014)

Dissonance

Delancy was a Walker. she navigated between the worlds formed by people making different choices. each choice will create an alternate world that branched off from the existing one. the echoes of the people will be living in these alternate dimension. Delancy’s job was to keep all the dimensions in harmony. when one of her training session went horribly wrong, she was forbidden from Walking by the council. but Delancy was never a rule follower, she secretly investigate the worlds and the strange connections that they held, coming closer to the truth that the council was trying to hide. to further complicate stuff, Delancy fell for Echo Simon, the echo of the Key World’s Simon, whom she had a crush on in the real world.

despite the interesting plotline, the story was slightly too lengthy to my liking. It tend to ramble on and on about little details that didn’t make any difference to what we already knew. I held on with the hope that there will be some actions in the coming pages and mostly, out of sheer curiosity. the rather complicated plotline was rare to come across and in return, it was hard not to appreciate it for the astounding idea. I was especially impressed that I had rooted for grandpa Monty as much as Delcancy did, feeling his betrayal and experiencing her pain along the way. I particularly enjoyed Delancy’s character development, though it was unfortunate that I couldn’t say the same for Simon. as much as I dragged myself through the pages, I was pleased to have stick with it until the very end. I wouldn’t have thought that I would be shedding tears for the duo.

author: Erica O'Rourke
published: 2014
genre: Fantasy

Dissonance series:
- Dissonance (2014)

No comments :

Post a Comment