Monday, October 27, 2014

Everneath #1: Everneath (2012)

Everneath

after a painful encounter with her boyfriend, Jack, Nikki left with Cole, an Everliving, into the Everneath, an underworld that absorbed her of her energy. the Everlivings were required to bring in Forfeits periodically. It was often someone from the D.O.P (Daughters of Persephone) but Nikki wasn’t one of them, she happened to be looking for an escape when the Everlivings were returning to the Everneath. however, no matter how young the Forfeits were when they were brought into the Everneath, they returned old. miraculously, Nikki survived and returned just the way she was. but she had only six months to say her goodbyes, before the Everneath claim her again for good.

the book was an absolutely addictive read. Nikki was a character so easy to root for. the mysteries circling the Everneath and its Everlivings started out slightly complicated, but by putting myself in Nikki’s shoes, I soon caught up with its history as well as the reason why Nikki was so special. both Cole and Jack were so frustrating to watch, yet so likable at some other times. although I wanted Nikki to end up with Jack, her original boyfriend; I couldn’t find myself hating Cole, which was rare since the third wheel often got to me. i was surprised when I reached the end of the book as I was so absorbed I failed to notice it approaching. fortunately, I had the next book lined up and ready for another addictive read.

author: Brodi Ashton
published: 2012
genre: Paranormal

Everneath series:
- Everneath (2012)
- Neverfall (2012)
- Everbound (2013)
- Evertrue (2014)

No comments :

Post a Comment