Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gotye: Somebody That I Used To Know (2011)

Somebody That I Used To Know

Gotye is a Belgian-Australian singer. Somebody That I Used To Know (2011) was written by him, featuring a New Zealand singer named Kimbra. Somebody That I Used To Know (2011) was the second single from his third album, Making Mirrors (2011). the first single in Making Mirrors (2011) was Eyes Wide Open (2010). his previous albums were Boardface (2003) and Like Drawing Blood (2006). Somebody That I Used To Know (2011) was written based on his experience with relationships. the uniqueness of the song was its indie ballad theme. it easily held our attention, assuming it was sung by an Indian singer. since the released of Somebody That I Used To Know (2011), it had became Gotye's most successful song, also his signature. the video itself was a unique art itself, a little daring, a little mesmerizing, and definitely enough to have us paying attention to him.

No comments :

Post a Comment