Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Give It a Year (2013)

I Give It a Year

the story followed Nat and Josh, a couple who decided to tie the knot after just months together. their friends and family were formed by different type of couples, some were old but still very passionate, some seemed to only bicker yet having a marriage as firm as ever, some were distant and holding on. they all mentioned that the first year of marriage will show how Nat and Josh will become. together they struggled to get through their first year of marriage, something that were unexpectedly difficult.

despite the film being labeled a comedy, we had a hard time laughing at their sex jokes. while the situations presented by Nat and Josh were realistic issues faced by some couples, they had turned it into a complete insult to those who truly work hard for their marriage. the film couldn't have a worst plot, having 4 persons switched partners, who in their right mind could enjoy that! their struggles were understandable and even tolerable, but at the end of the film where they were so happy and thrill to switch partner, the film disgust me.

some backgrounds on the movie:
- director: Dan Mazer
- released: 2013
- casts: Rose Byrne, Rafe Spall, Simon Baker, Anna Faris, Minnie Driver, Jason Flemyng, Alex Macqueen, Jane Asher, Olivia Colman, Stephen Merchant
- language: English
- genre: Comedy/Romance

I Give It a Year
I Give It a Year
I Give It a Year
I Give It a Year
I Give It a Year

No comments :

Post a Comment