Thursday, June 21, 2012

Soul Screamers #5.5: Never to Sleep (2012)

Never to Sleep

Sophie felt that her cousin, Kaylee's insanity problem might ran in the family, having the power to influence and potentially ruining her high school life. unlike Kaylee, Sophie had the look, friends and reputation to build herself a perfect high school life, until she ran into Luca, a Necromancer. things started to get strange around them, and her scream landed them into the Netherworld, which seemed absurdly unreal in every sense.

i absolutely enjoyed the Soul Screamers series (2009-2013) thus far. however, i find this short story a difficult read. i had never been a huge fan of Netherworld's details, which other than looking all grey and dangerous, couldn't reach within me like the real world could. and as much as i was eager to get to know Sophie, this book failed unexpectedly; i have yet finished peeling the first layer off her before a dozen layers of Netherworld was presented instead.

author: Rachel Vincent
published: 2012
genre: Fantasy/Paranormal

Soul Screamers series:
- My Soul to Lose (2009)
- My Soul to Take (2009)
- My Soul to Save (2009)
- My Soul to Keep (2010)
- Reaper (2010)
- My Soul to Steal (2010)
- If I Die (2011)
- Never to Sleep (2012)
- Before I Wake (2012)
- With All My Soul (2013)

No comments :

Post a Comment